Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Welcome

Hello.  So I have started, quit, and restarted blogging about 4 times in the past year.  I can't say for sure whether this time will stick, but I'd like to have a solid outlet for my crafty attempts and parenting wins and failed attempts (now come on, we all have them). 

So....I guess this is the get-to-know you post.  My name is Karen, and I have a wonderful husband and a delightful little boy who entertains me daily.  His name is Barrett and he is 2 and half years old.  He amazes me every day with the things he says, does, and learns. 



We are expecting another wee one (another boy) in April.  I'm both thrilled and overwhelmed by the thought of parenting two children, much less two boys.  Barrett is fearless and adventurous.  He was walking by 10 months, running and climbing by 12 months.  I'm sure they will be great brothers, but I still have daily moments of "what in the heck was I thinking?". 

My other goal from rekindling blogging is driving myself to take more pictures.  I'm a scrapbooker, so you'd think that I would take tons of pictures.  And I used to....before Barrett became so active.  Now when we do anything I always think about how much juggling I can do between keeping up with him and my awesome, but large, camera.  Plus I've never taken the time to really get to know my camera so I experiment a lot with the settings...not so easy to do with a 2 yr old who stays still for about .2 seconds.  Over the last few months, aside from obligatory photo opps like holidays and family get togethers, I only have some blurry cell phone pictures.

I have lots more to share, but I guess that's enough for an introduction post.  I hope to meet some other moms along the way and to swap stories and form some online friendships.  Thanks for stopping by and drop me a comment to let me know you've been here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I am not sure where we connected at but you popped up in my google reader- looking forward to seeing more of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I think I have one of your blogs in my google reader too :)

      Delete