Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Snowy and Cold Days

We had a teeny tiny bit of snow over the weekend.  Barrett is just getting to the age where snow is SUPER exciting (and he doesn't even know the joy of a snow day from school yet!)  We ate breakfast and dressed quickly to get outside and play in it before it melted. 



It was the perfect snowball-making kind of snow.  Dense and wet and juuuuust right.  We had to collect snow off the cars to do it though since it was such a tiny tiny snowfall and all the snow in the yard was pretty muddy.  Barrett got a real kick out of throwing snowballs at mommy.


One thing I hate about winter is being cooped up in the house.  We try to get outside every day, but it's been pretty cold here lately and I've been a wimp about going out in it.  Some days Barrett is good about playing with his toys independently, and those are the days that I have to be attentive to the length of quiet time.  You moms will know what I mean....the moment when you think "he's been quiet in his room for way too long....what's he getting in to?" 

I had a moment like that this morning where I realized I'd been happily facebooking and pinning away without any interruptions for far too long.  I surfaced from lala-internet-land to peek in on him and found this:


He had pulled his easter basket out of his closet and taken all the plastic easter eggs apart and was building towers of them on the floor and then decorating his blinds.  Right after I took this picture he turned and said "Look Mama, I make it pretty!"  He's already crafting on his own!  I love his imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment