Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Oh hai.

So I'm now officially on maternity leave.  Which might mean you'll see more frequent blog posts.....or it could mean that they are just as sporadic and infrequent as they are now!  No baby yet....although if he doesn't come by Wednesday, April 4th he will be born that day for sure!

Not a lot of crafting has been going on here.  I've been spending any free time I have getting things out of the attic and washed and ready for baby!  But now I've gotten that task mostly complete, and no more work so maybe I'll crank out some craftiness before he gets here. 

This little guy, or should I say big guy??, will be three in a matter of weeks.  It's hard to believe that just a short time ago I was rocking him back to sleep in the wee hours of the morning and tucking him into that tiny bassinet I just got out of the attic. 




I think it's finally safe to announce publicly that he is potty-trained.  He hasn't worn a diaper in several weeks and we've had very very few accidents lately.  He has no problem telling me when he has to go even if it's interrupting playtime.  He is still wearing and overnight diaper to bed, and probably will for a while.  I'm super excited that he is out of diapers just in time for me to not have two kids in diapers at the same time.  One thing no one told me about potty-training boys....(and maybe this isn't exclusive to boys)....every outing turns into a potty adventure.  He wants to explore the bathroom of every establishment.  And every bathroom outing turns into a marathon experience.  Our errands have started taking twice as long as we have to go to every single bathroom and spend at least 10 minutes in there.  




A few weeks ago a friend of mine came and took some maternity shots for me.  This was my absolute favorite as it shows Barrett's personality perfectly.  I was trying to get him to give me a kiss and everytime he would lean close enough he would open his mouth to lick me as soon as I got close enough.  That kid is such a hoot.  I can't wait to see him as a big brother and all the fun things he will get into with Max when he's old enough.

Hopefully the next time I post I will be showing off some new baby photos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment